What is Prednisolone? What is it used for?
Prednisolone belongs to the corticosteroid class of medicines with predominant glucocorticoid and low mineralocorticoid activity. The medicine was discovered in 1955 and was approved for medical usage in the same year. Prednisolone Australia with its unique properties has various usages in health conditions such as various types of allergies, autoimmune diseases, inflammatory conditions, and cancers. People consume Prednisolone 25mg Australia for health conditions such as eye inflammation, high blood calcium levels, dermatitis, asthma, and multiple sclerosis.
Prednisolone Australia drug is available in the form of tablets, injectables, topical cream, and as eye drops. You can get the medicine as branded and as generic version too.
How does it work?
Prednisolone 25mg Australia drug is a corticosteroid. It decreases inflammation by suppressing the migration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It also reverses elevated capillary permeability. Furthermore, the medicine suppresses the immune system by diminishing its activity and its volume. In simpler words, the steroid medicine prevents the production of a substance which is responsible for causing inflammation.
What is the right dosage?
Take Prednisolone 25mg Australia pills with water. You can take the medication with or without meals. To prevent stomach upset, take the medicine with milk or food. It is vital to follow your doctor’s directions while taking the drug.
Your doctor may ask you to take Prednisolone 25mg Australia 1 to 4 times a day or a single dosage every day. Follow the instructions in order to keep severe side effects at bay.
What are the side effects?
Before you go for Prednisolone Australia, you need to ask your doctor about the side effects caused by the medicine. These are unavoidable and hence it is better to be prepared when they show up along with the good effects. Stop taking the medicine if the side effects stay for longer period of time or if they become bothersome.
Mild side effects are:
• Trouble sleeping
• Changes in menstrual cycle
• Increased sweating
Severe side effects are:
• Yeast infection
• Unusual weight gain
• Elevated blood sugar levels
• Allergic reactions
• Muscle pain/weakness
• Stomach pain
• Unusual hair growth
What are the precautions?
• Before taking Prednisolone 25mg Australia, tell your doctor if you are allergic to the medicine or other medicines in order to keep potential side effects at bay. Seek alternative treatment.
• Inform your doctor if you have health issues such as thyroid issues, kidney diseases, liver problems, heart diseases, eye diseases such as cataract and glaucoma, osteoporosis, diabetes, mental or mood disorders, low potassium or calcium levels in the blood etc., before you take Prednisolone Australia drug.
• This medication may make you dizzy and thus driving a vehicle post administration of the medicine is not suggested.
• Prednisolone Australia drug may cause internal bleeding and therefore precautions need to be taken. Do not consume alcohol as it increases your risk of stomach bleeding. Consult a doctor before making any decision about this steroid medication.