What is Ovestin cream? What is it used for?
Traded under brand names like Estriol, Ovestin is an estrogen medicine. It is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Women buy Ovestin Vaginal Cream Online Australia as it contains a female hormone called estrogen. The medicine is useful in the treatment post menopausal symptoms in the vagina such as irritation, itchiness, dryness etc. Medically, this condition is called as ‘vaginal atrophy’. The condition is caused by sharp drop in estrogen levels. Estriol Cream Australia is used in post menopausal women who had their last period at least 12 months before.
How does it work?
Before you buy Ovestin Vaginal Cream Online Australia, you should know how the medicine works. The medicine interferes with a target cell receptor. The estrogen receptor bound its ligand and enters the nucleus of the target cell. Further it regulates gene transcription leading to messenger RNA formation.
How to use Estriol Cream Australia
When you buy Ovestin Vaginal Cream Online Australia, you get an applicator with the tube. The applicator has a ring mark on its body. You need to fill the tube with Ovestin Australia cream up to the ring mark to squeeze out the correct dosage amount. You need to use the cream before going to the bed.
Step-wise directions for using Ovestin Australia or Estriol Cream Australia:
1. Once the seal is punctured, squeeze the right amount of cream up to the ring marked on an applicator.
2. Lie down and put the end of the applicator into the vagina and push the plunger slowly all the way inside.
3. After the use, pull out the plunger and wash it with soap and warm water. Do not use harsh detergents to wash the plunger. Rinse well with water ensuring no traces of soap stay behind.
How long does Ovestin Australia cream take to work?
Women buy Ovestin Vaginal Cream Online Australia because of its fast-acting capacity. Relief from vaginal discomfort due to itchiness and irritation can be seen after a week of initiation of the treatment. The medicine is absorbed from the vagina and reaches peak plasma concentration within 1 to 2 hours post application.
Generally, women are asked to buy Ovestin Vaginal Cream Online Australia for vaginal dryness. Doctors ask them to apply the cream once in a day for the time span of 2 to 3 weeks. This time period is required to see noticeable changes in the condition.
What are the side effects of Ovestin Australia?
Before you buy Ovestin Vaginal Cream Online Australia, you should know that the medicine might cause you a few side effects – either mild or severe.
Mild side issues are:
• Increased vaginal discharge
• Swollen breasts
• Tender breasts
Severe side effects are:
• Skin issues
• Allergic reactions
• Vaginal bleeding
• Gall bladder disease
• Using HRT increases risk of breast cancer
On the occurrence of any of these severe side effects, stop using Estriol Cream Australia and consult a doctor.
What are the precautions of Ovestin Australia cream?
• Do not buy Ovestin Vaginal Cream Online Australia if you have breast cancer or you suspect having breast cancer.
• Do not use the cream if you have specific cancers such as endometrial cancer which is sensitive to estrogen.
• Do not use Estriol Cream Australia If you experience unexpected and/or abnormal vaginal bleeding.
• If you have untreated endometrial hyperplasia or excessively thickened womb lining, you need not to use Ovestin Australia cream.
• Inform your doctor if you have health issues such as thrombosis, deep venous thrombosis, or pulmonary embolism before using Ovestin Australia.
• Do not use Estriol Cream Australia if you are allergic to the active chemical ingredient of the medicine.
• Tell your doctor about the existing medicines you are using before you buy Ovestin Australia.