What is Metronide? What is it used for?
Metronide 400mg pills contain Metronidazole as their active chemical component. It is widely used for the betterment of bacterial infections of different parts of the body. It may be used alone or in combination with other antibiotics to beat the bacterial infection. Metronide Australia is also used to prevent or treat infections that occur post-surgery.
The antibiotic is used in the treatment of urogenital trichomoniasis in the female. It is also used to treat infections such as giardiasis, acute ulcerative gingivitis etc. Metronidazole Australia pills need to be consumed as directed by a doctor to avoid nasty side effects or effects of drug interactions.
How does it work?
Metronidazole is an active chemical ingredient in Metronide 400mg that prevents protein synthesis by interacting with DNA. It causes loss of helical DNA structure and strand breakage. This is how it causes cell death in bacteria and treats the bacterial infection.
How to take it
It is recommended to consult a doctor for dosing pattern. The medicine needs to be consumed with or without food. A dosing pattern changes as per the type and severity of bacterial infection. Take Metronide 400mg pills as whole without crushing or breaking. Swallow the pill with a tall glass of water. Never mix up Metronidazole Australia tablet with alcohol.
What are the side effects of Metronide Australia?
Metronide Australia medicine tends to cause a few side effects which are harmless and get vanish on their own. Although, some users get severe side effects with the medicine and these take time to vanish completely. Also, in some rare cases, hospitalization or medical intervention is required as and when necessary. It is advised to gather as much information as you can regarding the side effects caused by Metronide Australia medicine.
The mild side effects are:
• Stomach discomfort
• Skin rashes
• Dry mouth
• Stuffy nose
The severe side effects are:
• Hearing issues
• Poor coordination
• Double vision
• Signs of jaundice
Tell your doctor if you experience any of these severe side effects with Metronide 400mg.
What are the precautions?
• Do not take Metronidazole Australia drug if you are allergic to it or allergic to any similar medicine. It is better to seek an alternative for treating bacterial infections.
• Tell your doctor if you have health issues especially liver or kidney diseases, it is better to start the treatment with lowest dosage and gradually increase the dose.
• Pregnant women must talk to their doctor before they take Metronidazole Australia medicine.
• Metronide Australia drug may pass into the breast milk causing harm to the nursing baby. Therefore, breastfeeding women must weigh down the pros and cons of the medicine before deciding to go for it.
• Tell your doctor if you are taking other medicines before you take Metronide Australia drug to prevent possible drug interaction and its effects.